Forehead acne can be a very annoying skin disruption that can be hard to treat. Knowing what causes this condition is very important for effective treatment. The following are some tips that can help you effectively prevent and treat forehead acne.
What Causes Forehead Acne
If you want to effectively treat forehead acne, you have to first know what causes it. Forehead acne is caused by various factors that range from topical to internal. You may experience breakouts on your forehead if you wear certain hairstyles such as bangs. Some people that wear hair pieces such as wigs also report forehead acne. This usually occurs as a result of the skin being irritated by either the hair itself or the hair products used for styling.
Some forehead acne is caused by internal issues. If you are under a significant amount of stress, your forehead could breakout as a result. Forehead acne is also a sign of digestive stress. Consider monitoring your diet for possible food allergies that could cause forehead acne as well as incorporating more water in your diet to assist with the digestive process.
Understanding the causes of forehead acne can assist you in knowing how to get rid of forehead acne.
Cleanliness Is Key
If you are wondering how to get rid of forehead acne, cleanliness is key. Dirt, oil, and grime all contribute to the growth of bacteria which can result in skin breakouts on the forehead. If you wear hats, silk scarves, bonnets or any other headdress, make sure that these items are cleaned thoroughly on a consistent basis. This is also true for pillowcases. Failure to clean these items on a regular basis can result in forehead acne.
Healthy Diet Less Acne
Those unfortunate pimples on your forehead are supported by an unhealthy diet. Consuming foods high in sugar, caffeine, and fat can wreak havoc on your skin and overall health. These unhealthy foods must be eliminated and replaced with a diet of fresh fruit and vegetables and plenty of clean water. If you suffer from any food allergies, it is highly recommended that you identify and eliminate such foods as they can contribute to forehead acne.
Stress is one of the biggest culprits of forehead acne. When your body is highly stressed, it produces an androgen hormone known as DHEA-S. This hormone increases testosterone levels in the body which can cause forehead acne. To reduce stress related forehead acne try some of the following:
- Exercise-This can help to reduce tension while simultaneously helping the body to release toxins via sweat.
- Meditate-Meditation is a great way to clear your mind, easy body tension, and reduce overall stress.
- Massage-Massages are a great way to calm the mind and remove built up tension throughout the body.
Taking proper care of your skin is very important when considering how to get rid of forehead acne. Here are some dos and donts for proper skincare treatment.
- Wash your face everyday with a high-quality facial cleanser that doesn’t irritate your skin. Make sure to follow up with a moisturizer preferably with sunscreen that doesn’t add too much oil to your face.
- Treat your forehead acne with tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is a natural antibacterial, so it helps to kill bacteria that can lead to skin breakouts.
- Use healing facial masks to treat forehead acne. There are a number of facial masks that you can purchase or even make yourself. Many of these masks include natural clay such as bentonite clay that draws impurities from your skin.
- Never sleep in your makeup. This is a forehead acne nightmare waiting to happen.
- Don’t pick at your blemishes. This will only irritate the acne more and doing so will leave scars.
- Be careful with exfoliating. This can irritate forehead acne leaving it inflamed.
Knowing how to get rid of forehead acne can help you take the necessary steps to reduce and eliminate its occurrence.